This next-level Cuban version of the ham and cheese sandwich is made easy in this Cubano Brat Burger. Traditionally served with mojo-marinated pork, you get all the delicious Cuban flavors without the wait when made with our No. 356 Cuban Seasoning. Top it off with the traditional sliced ham, a mustard mayo, and plenty of pickles.
Check out our full step-by-step tutorial on how to make bulk brat patties.
Cubano Brat Burger
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 minutes
|Ground Pork (70-75% lean)|
|No. 356 Cubano Brat Seasoning|
|2 T||High Temp Swiss Cheese|
|1/2 lb.||Ham, sliced thin|
|4 slices||Swiss Cheese|
|1 T||Dijon Mustard|
|4||Dill Pickles, sandwich sliced|
|2-4||Ciabatta or Hard Rolls|
- Place ground pork in a mixing bowl. Add seasoning and mix well. Then add hi-temp Swiss cheese and mix.
- Divide mixture into 4 balls, then press in between parchment/patty paper. Use a burger patty press, or stainless steel bowl to press down.
- Refrigerate patties for at least 1 hour prior to cooking, or overnight.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat, then heat ham and set aside.
- Add brat patties to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, flip, top with ham and sliced Swiss cheese, then cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Assemble the brat patties: Bottom roll, Dijon-mayo, brat patty, pickles, brat patty, pickles, Dijon-mayo, top roll. Stick skewers through the top of the sandwich. Serve warm.