Caramel Apple Cider Chicken Lollipops
Caramel apples are a fall must have! Now you can even have them dinner and dessert! Introducing caramel apple chicken lollipops! Chicken lollipops dipped in a caramel apple cider glaze!
- 2 LB – Chicken Drumsticks
4 T – Cock-A-Doodle Brew Beer Can Chicken Rub
3 C – Apple Cider
2 T – Honey
2 T - Sugar
- Preheat grill or smoker to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bottom (meaty end) of the drumstick down about ¼ inch so the drumstick has a flat surface and will stand up on its end.
- Cut around the drumstick about 2 inches away from the bony end. Pull the meat down slightly toward the meat end.
- Using the paring knife or a bird’s beak knife, peel away remaining meat from the bony end.
- Generously season the lollipops with Cock-A-Doodle Brew Rub.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 25-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 near the bone.
- Make the sauce while the chicken is cooking.
- Combine the apple cider, sugar and honey in a saucepot and place over medium heat until the liquid begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and reduce the sauce to ¼ or until thickened. (you can us a slurry to thicken if desired)
- Once the chicken is cooked and the sauce is ready, dunk the chicken in the sauce and serve.