Apple Pie Cider Can Chicken
Beer can chicken but with a twist! Hard Cider chicken is the fall way to cook! Sweet apple crisp flavor and dinner is served!
- 1 – Whole Fryer Chicken
½ C – Apple Pie Rub
- 1 Can – Hard Cider (12oz)
- Preheat grill or oven to 350 degrees. If grilling, set your grill up for indirect heat.
- Trim the chicken as needed and then season the chicken generously on all sides.
- Open the hard cider and pour ¼ of the liquid out into an aluminum pan. Place the open can in the center of the pan.
- Sit the chicken on top of the can with the legs down. The can should slip easily into the chicken cavity.
- Tuck the wings back behind the bird. Add additional seasoning at thins point in case some sluffed off.
- Place the pan on the grill or in the oven and cook for 75-90 minutes. Or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees in all areas, especially near the joints of the thighs.
- Rest the bird for 15 minutes before carving.