A rich and creamy soup that no one will know isn't from scratch! Our Broccoli Cheddar Soup Mix makes it easy to have delicious, homemade soup without any of the prep work. Just add milk, water, and heat until veggies are tender. To elevate, stir in additional cheddar cheese and top with easy fried Broccoli Tempura.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|Broccoli Cheddar Soup Mix|
|1/2 cup||Cheddar Cheese, Shredded|
|Broccoli Tempura (optional)|
|1 lb.||Broccoli Florets|
|1 1/4 cups||All Purpose Flour|
|2 cups||Cold WAter|
|2 cups||Panko Breadcrumbs|
|Oil for Frying|
- Add contents of bag into soup pot on stove-top with water and milk.
(Optional: add ½ cup shredded cheese.)
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes or until broccoli is tender, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and water until smooth. Set aside Place the panko in a bowl and set aside.
- Make the Broccoli Tempura: In a large saucepan heat 2 inches of oil to 350° over medium-high heat.
- Dip the broccoli in the flour/water mixture. Shake off excess batter. Roll the coated broccoli in the panko until completely coated.
- Fry the broccoli until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels or a wire rack.
- Serve soup with additional cheddar cheese and fried broccoli florets.