Our creamy and rich Roasted Garlic Potato Soup will have everyone convinced you spent all day cooking. Loaded with real potatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, celery, and spices, this comforting soup comes together in one pot with just milk and water. Bonus points if you add some homemade garlic chips!
Roasted Garlic and Potato Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
|Roasted Garlic & Potato Soup|
|1/2 cup||Cheddar Cheese, Shredded|
|4||Baby Red Potatoes, diced and sauteed|
|1/4 cup||Sour Cream|
|Garlic Chips (optional)|
|6||Large Garlic Cloves, peeled & sliced thinly|
|1/4 cup||Olive Oil|
- Add contents of bag into soup pot on stove-top with water and milk.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until
potatoes are tender, stirring frequently.
- Make the Garlic Chips: Briefly heat the oil in a small skillet (roughly 7" to 8" inches in diameter or smaller) over medium heat. Add the garlic slices to the skillet - they should slightly sizzle when they enter the oil. Use a heatproof spatula to spread the garlic slices into a thin, even layer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low (the slices should be actively bubbling in the pan, but not gaining color too quickly - adjust the heat as necessary). Some of the slices may have a tendency to stick together and they will turn out fine; however, try to break them up as much as possible with a spatula. Continue cooking the garlic, stirring continuously with a heatproof spatula and flipping the slices periodically, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the garlic slices are golden brown in color. Transfer to paper towel and let drain.
- Top soup with dollop of sour cream, garlic chips, red potatoes and cheddar cheese.