Crispy, handheld and perfect for dipping, these Cauliflower Fritters are fancy enough for your Thanksgiving spread but fast enough to make as a weeknight snack. We added our Chop Shop Steak Seasoning to the batter before pan frying for extra savory flavor.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|Head of Cauliflower, cut into florets|
|1 T||Chop Shop Steak Seasoning|
|3||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|Olive Oil, for pan frying|
|1 T||Parsley, chopped|
|Optional||Greek Yogurt, for serving|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 3 to 5 until a knife easily inserts. Transfer it to a cutting board, cool for 5 minutes, then chop into small, pea-size bits.
- Measure out 3 cups of the chopped cauliflower*.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cauliflower, flour, Chop Shop, eggs, garlic, and scallions. Stir until well combined.
- Line sheet tray with a wire rack. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat and lightly coat it with olive oil. Scoop out heaping 2 tablespoon portions of the cauliflower mixture into the pan, flattening slightly with a spatula (creating a 3-inch disc). Space an inch apart, so the sides crisp nicely and allows room to flip.
- Cook the fritters for 2 minutes per side, until golden. Transfer to the prepared rack, then repeat with steps with remaining mixture.
Place cauliflower fritters on a serving platter, garnish with fresh parsley. Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
*Note: Depending on the side of the cauliflower, there might be a little more or less than the 3 cups needed. Adjust the recipe to accommodate, or reserve extra for another use.