Forget the bland meatloaf of your childhood, this version is packed with flavor. We took the classic flavors (beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire), infused it with our Chop Shop steak seasoning and a generous amount smoke, then topped it off with our rich and sassy KC-style BBQ sauce. This is NOT your mama's meatloaf.
Blue Ribbon Smoked Meatloaf
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 45 minutes
|Ground Beef (80/20)|
|Yellow Onion, grated|
|2||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|2/3 cup||Blue Ribbon BBQ Sauce|
|1 T||Worcestershire Sauce|
|1 T||Chop Shop Steak Seasoning|
|1/2 cup||Panko Breadcrumbs|
- Preheat grill or smoker to 250° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine onion, garlic, eggs, 2 tablespoons of Blue Ribbon BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Chop Shop, panko bread crumbs, and milk. Let rest for 15 minutes, to allow the breadcrumbs to soak up the mixture, then add ground beef. Mix by hand until just combined.
- Form into a loaf, top with ⅓ cup of Blue Ribbon BBQ sauce, and place in a cast iron skillet.
- Transfer the grill, and cook for 2 hours, then add the remaining sauce and cook an additional 30 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160° F.
- Remove meatloaf from the grill, and allow it to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve warm.