Fresh, healthy and flavorful these Shrimp Spring Rolls are a breeze to make. The shrimp are skewered, grilled, then glazed in a Sweet Red Chili Sauce. Tuck them into a rice paper roll with vermicelli noodles and your favorite veggies for a fresh and crunchy bite.
Shrimp Spring Rolls
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|Vermicelli Rice Noodles|
|Shrimp, peeled & deveined|
|1 T||Sesame Oil|
|1/4 cup||Red Rooster Sweet Chili, more for dipping|
|6||Rice Paper Wrappers|
|2||Bok Choy Stalks & Leaves, julienned|
|2 T||Mint, julienned|
|2 T||Cilantro, chopped|
- In a medium bowl, cover the cellophane noodles with hot water and let stand until soft, about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain, cover with a damp towel, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to 425° F.
- Toss shrimp in sesame oil, then skewer.
- Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side, then baste with Red Rooster and grill another minute.
- Remove from grill, cool, and slice shrimp in half, lengthwise.
- Working one at a time, soak wrappers in hot water, until pliable, then lay on a sheet of wax paper.
- On the bottom half of each wrapper, layer bok choy, noodles, shrimp, fresh herbs, and carrots.
- Tightly roll each wrapper, tucking in the ends first, then bringing up the side closest to you, and continue rolling. Cover spring rolls with a damp towel until each roll is filled. Cut in half, on an angle. Serve with additional Red Rooster for dipping, if desired.