Big Kahuna Swineapple
Big Kahuna SwineApple
Sweet and savory pork tenderloin stuffed inside a pineapple and grilled till the perfect temperature of 135! Drizzle with our pineapple teriyaki sauce and enjoy!
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees.
- Trim the pork tenderloin, removing the silverskin and excess fat.
- Season the pork generously with Big Kahuna Rub.
- Cut the top and bottom off of the pineapple and set aside.
- Peel the pineapple.
- Core the pineapple, but make the hole wide enough to fit the tenderloin, about 3” wide.
- Stuff the pineapple with the pork tenderloin, trim the ends of the pork to fit the pineapple.
- Make a bacon weave, 6 slices wide.
- Wrap the pineapple in the bacon weave and sevure with toothpicks, lots of them.
- Season again with Big kahuna.
- Replace the top and bottom of the pineapple and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the swineapple on the grill for 1.5 – 2 hours until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees.
- Allow the swineapple to rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving with a drizzle heated Big Kahuna sauce.