Big Kahuna Ribs
Ribs rubbed in Big Kahuna? Sign me up! Sweet and savory ready to take to your next summer BBQ party!
- 2 Rack – Pork Back Ribs
3 T – Toasted Sesame Oil
8 T – Big Kahuna Rub
- 1 Can – Pineapple Rings
½ C – Big Kahuna Sauce
- Preheat smoker to 250 degrees.
- Use a butter knife to help remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs.
- Pat the ribs dry with paper towel.
- Smear the ribs with the sesame oil, this will act as a binder for the seasoning.
- Generously season the ribs with Big kahuna rub.
- Allow the ribs to rest for 15 minutes to allow the seasoning to adhere.
- Place the ribs, bones down, on the smoker and smoker for about 3 hours, or until the seasoning is well tacked onto the meat. (a finger will be clean after touching the ribs)
- Wrap the ribs in heavy duty foil and place back on the smoker, meat side down, for roughly another 2 hours. Or until the internal temperature of the ribs reaches 195 degrees.
- Remove the ribs from the foil and place back on the smoker, bones down.
- Lay the pineapple rings on top of the ribs. Lightly baste all surfaces with Big Kahuna sauce.
- Smoke 1 more hour.
- Remove and rest the ribs for 10 minutes before ejoying.