Air Fryer Beignets
Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything nice! This New Orleans classic made easy at home without all the oil! Air Fryer Beignets dusted with powdered sugar and our Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice rub!
2 C - All Purpose Flour
2 ¼ t – Instant yeast (1 packet)
6 T Sugar
1 T – Apple Pie - Cinnamon Spice Rub
- 1 – Egg
- 1 – Egg Yolk
½ C – Milk
4 T – Butter, melted
1 t– Vanilla
1 C – Powdered Sugar
2 T – Apple Pie - Cinnamon Spice Rub
- Using a stand mixer combine the flour, yeast, sugar and apple pie rub in the bowl and set up with the dough hook attachment.
- Heat milk slightly in the microwave until it reaches roughly 110 degrees.
- Melt 3 TB of butter.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, melted butter, milk and vanilla to the bowl and mix on a medium to low setting for 2-3 minutes or until a loose dough is formed.
- Sprinkle some flour on a work surface and knead the dough until you can form it into a loose ball. (It should only take a minute)
- Grease a glass bowl with the remaining butter and place the dough in the bowl to rise and double in size, about an hour.
- Punch the dough down and turn out onto a floured surface.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to ¼” thickness. Cut the dough into 2”X4” rectangles. Cover them with a towel and allow to rise once more for about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat air-fryer to 350 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the beignets in the basket, about 1” apart. You should be able to fit 5-6 in the basket. Spray the tops of the beignets with cooking spray.
- Fry for 5-6 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the air-fryer and place on a cooling rack.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and apple pie rub for the topping and place in a sifter.
- Shake the sugar mixture on the beignets generously to finish.