Ingredients - 25 Lbs.
|3 Lbs.||Pickling Salt|
|3 ½ (3.5) Gallons||Water (38-40°F)|
|10 oz. (1 ¼ Cup)||Pink Speed Cure|
|10 oz. (1 ¼ Cup)||Sugar|
|2 (12 ½ Lbs. Ea.)||Fresh Hams|
Instructions:1) Mix all ingredients and dissolve well in water.
2) Keep hams and brine at 38-40°F.
3) Ham is then pumped with 10% of weight of the ham with dissolved pickle mixture. With a pumping needle; pump both hams with this brine making sure to get around all bones and at the shank in the ham.
4) Hams are now placed in a pickle container and covered with the pickle mixture, be sure the hams are submerged beneath the pickle brine.
5) Put container with ham in room or refrigerator at 38-40°F for 5-7 days.
6) After 5-7 days, remove from brine and wash surface of ham with stiff brush, do not soak ham, and then place in stockinettes.