Same award-winning taste as our No. 155 seasoning without the MSG. Make your own Blue Ribbon-worthy wieners with this special blend of seasonings, spices and garlic.
- Blend with pork, beef, chicken or turkey
- .89 Lb. B Unit
- No MSG
View 1 lb. Conversion Chart
- 1 Pkg. No. 664 Wiener Seasoning
- 15 Lbs. 90% Lean Beef Trims
- 10 Lbs. 50% Lean Pork Trims
- 3.5 cups Distilled Water & Ice (50/50)
- 0.75 lbs. Binder Flour
- 24-26 mm Sheep Casings
1. Grind all products through ⅜” plate.
2. Regrind twice through 3/16” plate.
3. Add cure to ½ the water and add to meat.
4. Add seasoning and binder flour mixed with ½ the water (keeps moisture in meat) and mix 4-6 minutes or until meat is tacky.
5. Let rest overnight in cool area to allow flavor and color to develop (optional)
6. Stuff into 24-26 mm sheep casings
1) Preheat Smoker to 130°F.
2) Hang wieners on smoke sticks (do not have any pieces touching if possible).
3) Insert temperature probe to center of one link or strip 1 link over probe. Run with dampers wide open for 30 minutes.
4) Place ¼ pan of moistened sawdust on burner and increase temperature to 150°F.
5) Set top damper ⅛ open, bottom damper ¾ open and smoke for 45 minutes.
6) Increase temperature to 170°F and cook until you reach an internal temperature of 155°F.
7) Immediately place in a cold-water bath for 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 100-110°F. Dry at room temperature.
Dextrose, Salt, Sugar, Spices and Garlic*. *Dried.