Our Northwoods meat cure and brine mix is a maple blend that will elevate the flavor of your next ham, bacon, turkey, chicken or wild game. A classic brine and cure that will sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Makes up to 10qts of brine.
- Game Birds
SALT, SUGAR, CANE SUGAR, SODIUM NITRITE (1.75%), MAPLE SYRUP, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, NATRUAL FLAVOR, & LESS THAN 2% SILICON DIOXIDE TO PREVENT CAKING.
Caution: Nitrites are used in curing meats. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Combine the desired amount of cure and brine mix in water using a non-metallic bowl (make as much brine as needed to submerge meat complete)
- Stir well to dissolve
- Soak meat 24hrs or longer in refrigerator (allow longer soak time for large birds, especially turkey or goose)
- Remove meat from brine & rinse with fresh water
- Pat dry & discard the brine mix
- Smoke, roast or grill meat (165 degrees for poultry or wild game)
|Cure & Brine Mix
||Turkey, Goose, or Ham (Whole)
|Chicken or Game Birds (Whole)
||1 extra large