Beef Wellington Burger
A fan favorite, made hand held! Enjoy this amazing Beef Wellington Burger.
- Thaw the puff pastry according to the directions on the packaging.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and then mince the caps.
- Place the minced mushroom in a sauté pan with the butter and place over medium/high heat.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until a lot of the moisture is released from the mushrooms.
- Add the garlic and shallots as well as the buried treasure.
- Cook until the mushrooms have browned a little then add the wine.
- Cook until wine is absorbed. This is the mushroom duxelles for the dish. Set aside.
- Get a cast iron pan hot over high heat.
- Season the burger patties generously with BBQ General SPG Rub.
- Sear the burger patties for no more than 30 seconds on each side, just to form a crust.
- Cut the puff pastry into 4 squares.
- Roll a piece of pastry out with a rolling pin to about a 6” square.
- Lay one slice of prosciutto down on the puff pastry. Add 2 TB of mushroom duxelles and spread it out to match the size of a burger patty.
- Place a burger patty down and spread another 2 TB of duxelles on top of the patty.
- Place another slice of prosciutto on top to wrap the burger.
- Finally, wrap the edges of the puff pastry up over the burger and seal by pinching the dough together.
- Repeat with the other burger patties.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes while the oven preheats to 425 degrees.
- Place the wellingtons on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Brush the wellingtons generously with egg wash and place them in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the puff pastry is cooked and well browned.
- Rest 5 minutes and enjoy!