The perfect fuel for your morning hunt, this Venison Breakfast Hash is fully loaded with bacon, potatoes, ground venison, veggies, eggs, and cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|6 strips||Bacon, uncooked|
|2 Cups||Diced Potatoes, fresh or frozen|
|1lb.||Ground Venison or Beef|
|1||Green Onion, diced|
|1/2||Red Bell Pepper, diced|
|1/2||Green Bell Pepper, diced|
|3||Garlic Cloves, minced|
|2 T||Deer Camp Wild Game Seasoning|
|1/4 cup||Cheddar Cheese, grated|
|Salt and Pepper, to taste|
|Hot sauce (optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. In a cast iron skillet (10" or more), cook bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from heat and set aside, leaving the bacon grease in the pan. When bacon is cool, coarsely chop.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high, add the potatoes and whites of onion, and cook for 7- 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add garlic and 1 T of Deer Camp Rub. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant. Add ground meat, peppers, and cook for additional 5-7 minutes until meat is browned.
4. Using a spoon, create 5 holes in the hash mixture for the eggs. Distribute the cheese evenly into each hole, and then crack one egg into each hole.
5. Place in the preheat oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, until egg white is set but the yolk is still runny.
6. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cooked bacon and remaining T of Deer Camp Rub. Garnish with green onions, hot sauce, and serve.