|5 Gallons||Ice Water (35-40˚F)|
|5 Lbs.||Sweet Bacon Cure|
|1 Pkg / Jar||Apple Cinnamon Rub or Chipotle Lime Rub|
Mix the 5 gallons of water thoroughly with 5 lbs. of cure.
Cover Pickling Instructions:1) Inject bellies (8-10% of gross weight) with above cure.
2) Use a hand or electric brine pump. Place bellies in plastic or S/S lugs and submerge in same.
3) Cover pickling solution (add weight to keep submerged). Cure for 3-4 days.
4) Remove from cure and wash thoroughly in warm water. Let product dry for several hours.
Smoking Instructions:1) Preheat smoker to 100˚F with damper ¾ open; hang bellies on bacon combs or hangers (no parts touching); add 2/3 pan sawdust (moistened).
2) Increase thermostat to 110˚F and smoke for 5 hours.
3) After 5 hours, increase thermostat to 130˚F and add another ⅔ pan sawdust (moistened).
4) Smoke for another 5 hours and remove sawdust pan. Then close dampers.
5) Increase thermostat to 170˚F. Run until internal temperature reaches 140˚F.
6) Turn off thermostat. Remove to cooler for 10-12 hours before slicing.