Tipsy Tom Spatchcock Turkey
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Tipsy Tom is back and ready to serve all your friends and family!
- 12-18 LB – Turkey
1 – Tipsy Tom Turkey Brine Kit
- 2 – Beers (ale or lager, 12 oz each)
- Bring one quart of water to a boil in a large stock pot.
- Once boiling, add the contents of the brine packet. Return the liquid to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 3 quarts of COLD water along with two beers.
- Place in the fridge until cooled down to 40 degrees.
- Remove the gizzard pack and neck from the cavity of the turkey. Place the turkey in the brining bag, breast side down.
- Pour the brine into the bag with the turkey until the turkey is fully covered.
- Seal the bag and place in the fridge for 12-16 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and rinse with cold water.
- Set on a roasting rack and pat dry with paper towel.
- Sit the turkey up with the legs down. Take a sharp knife and cut downward on one side of the back bone.
- Repeat the cut on the other side of the backbone to completely remove it.
- From the inside of the turkey, make a ½” deep cut into the breast bone to help break it.
- Flip the turkey over and then press down on the breasts until the bone pops and the turkey flattens out.
- Season on all areas with Cock-A-Doodle Brew Rub.
- Allow the turkey to sit at room temperature for 45-60 minutes before roasting.
- Pre heat the oven or grill to 325 while the turkey rests at room temperature.
- While still on the roasting rack, place the turkey in a roasting pan and into the oven. Or if grilling, place the turkey on the grill over indirect heat.
- Cook for 3-4 hours. Once a meat probe reads 165 degrees in the thickest part of the breast, the turkey is done. Start checking the internal temperature after 2 hours and 30 minutes. (roughly 13-15 minutes per pound of turkey)
- Remove the turkey from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carv