Smoky tenderloin, creamy brie and crisp apples come together for a sandwich that's one for the books. The tenderloin is seasoned in our cinnamon spice Apple Pie rub, sliced then layered up on a hearty baguette. Serve with a crisp apple and fennel slaw as a fresh side.
Smoked Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
|2 T||Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice Rub|
|Brie, sliced thinly|
|1||Apple, sliced thinly|
|2||Ciabatta Rolls or 1/2 a Baguette|
|2 cups||Green Cabbage, sliced thinly|
|1||Celery Stalk, sliced thinly|
|1||Fennel Bulb, sliced thinly|
|1/2 T||Fennel Fronds, chopped|
|2 T||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|2 T||Vegetable Oil|
|1/2 tsp||Lemon Juice|
|1 tsp||Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice Rub|
|TT||Salt & Pepper|
- Preheat the grill to 225 F.
- Use a sharp knife to remove excess fat and silver skin from the pork tenderloin, then cut in half, and season with Apple Pie Rub.
- Set the pork tenderloin on the grill, over indirect heat, close the lid, and smoke the pork tenderloin for 35 to 45 minutes, until the internal temperature reads 145 F.
- Meanwhile, prepare apple-fennel slaw. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, lemon juice, Apple Pie rub, celery seeds, salt, and pepper. Add cabbage, apple, celery, fennel, and fronds. Toss to coat, then set aside.
- Remove the pork from the grill and place on a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes, then slice thin.
- Meanwhile, brush the rolls/baguette with butter, then place on the grill for 2 minutes to toast, or under low-broil.
- Assemble the sandwich: bottom roll, apple slices, smoked pork tenderloin, brie, top roll. Serve warm with a side of apple-fennel slaw.