Reverse Seared Tri-Tip
Reversed Seared Tri-Tip will make your mouth-water! Normally grilled, this cut seasoned with our Prime Time Rub and is smoked until 125 internal temp! Sear it in a cast iron pan and baste it with butter until perfect! Yum!
1 – Tri-tip Roast (2 lbs)
4 T – Prime Time Butcher’s Blend
3 T – Butter
- 3 Clove – Garlic
- Fresh Herbs
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees.
Season the Tri-tip generously with Primetime Rub and allow to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Insert a temperature probe into the thickest part of the meat and then place it on the smoker.
- Smoke until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees.
Remove the tri-tip from the smoker.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat. Add 1 TB of butter and then place the triptip in the cast iron.
- Sear for 1 ½ minutes and then flip
- Add the butter, garlic and fresh herbs to the pan and start basting the meat with the butter.
- Cook like this for 2 minutes and then remove the tritip from the pan.
- Slice and serve right away.