The savory combination of all beef hot dogs and soft homemade pretzels! Serve them with some Brew City mustard for that perfect game day snack!
- Follow the directions for the dough prep as indicated on the box but stop once the dough has risen.
- Instead of forming the dough into pretzels follow these directions.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal dough balls
- Get the baking soda and water mixture to a simmer
- Use your hands to roll out each ball into a 12” rod. Use your hands and rolls the dough while moving your hands apart to stretch and form these rods. (it should be about ½” wide)
- Roll up a hotdog in each piece of dough, in a spiral. Secure each end with a toothpick.
- Carefully cook the hotdogs, 4 at a time, in the baking soda bath for 30 seconds, flipping once. Remove from the bath and gently pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the wrapped hotdogs onto a well-greased sheet tray, spacing them at least 2” apart. Top the dogs with pretzel salt.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes, rotating once ½ way through.
- Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving hot with a side or your favorite dipping mustard