The ultimate meat candy, smoked pork belly burnt ends are tender nuggets bursting with flavor and easy to make. Toss them in our bold and spicy Notorious P.I.G. rub, smoke 'em low and slow, then top 'em off with a sweet and sticky barbecue sauce.
Notorious Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
|TT||Notorious P.I.G. Pulled Pork Rub|
|1/2 cup||Bourbon Barrel BBQ Sauce|
|1/4 cup||Apple Juice or Water|
- Preheat your grill or smoker to 225° F.
- Cut pork belly into 1 ½ to 2-inch pieces. Drizzle olive oil over pork belly, then season generously with Notorious P.I.G., making sure to season all sides.
- Transfer seasoned pork belly to a wire rack and place on the grill grate. Cook for 3 hours, rotating rack after 1 ½ hours.
- Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan over low heat, then add Bourbon Barrel, apple juice, butter, and honey. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
- Remove the pork belly from the wire rack and transfer to a cast iron skillet, or aluminum pan. Pour Bourbon Barrel mixture over pork. Toss to coat, then cover the pan with a tight fitting lid, or aluminum foil.
- Increase temperature to 275° F. Cook for another 1 to 1 ½ hours, until the internal temperature reaches 200° F. Remove the lid or foil, then continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes, turning halfway, to crisp up the pork.
- Remove pork belly from the grill, and serve warm.