If you like shortcuts, you'll love these wonton-wrapped mozzarella sticks. The easiest way to make homemade mozzarella sticks, the string cheese is rolled in Grate State then wrapped tightly in a wonton wrapper and baked until crisp, golden and melty. Serve with a fresh and tangy chive chimichurri or your favorite marinara.
Mozzarella Sticks with Chive Chimichurri
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|2 T||Red Onion, chopped|
|2 T||White Vinegar|
|1/2 cup||Grapeseed Oil|
|1 T||Lemon Juice|
|1 tsp||Ground Coriander|
|1 cup||Vegetable Oil|
|1||Large Egg, beaten|
|8||String Cheese, halved|
|2-3 T||Grate State Cheesy Blend|
- Prepare the chimichurri: In a blender, combine chives, parsley, garlic, red onion, mustard, white wine vinegar, grapeseed oil, lemon juice, ground coriander, sea salt, black pepper. Blend until smooth, then stir in 1 tablespoon of minced chives. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet or pot, heat vegetable oil to 350 F or medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, make an egg wash by whisking together egg and 1 tablespoon water.
- Place wonton wrappers on a sheet tray, then brush wrappers with egg wash. Season with Grate State, then place string cheese in the center of each wrapper. Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the cheese, rolling from bottom to top, tucking in the sides, then continue to roll until the top of the sheet is reached. Repeat with remaining wrappers and string cheese.
- Add wrapped cheese to the skillet and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and serve hot with chimichurri.