Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya
A Southern Louisiana favorite made with our Notorious P.I.G. Pulled Pork Rub is necessary Mardi Gra dish! Need we say more?
12 Oz–Andouille Sausage
- 1 – Onion
- 1 – Red Pepper
- 1 – Green Pepper
- 3 Stalk – Celery
2 ½ C – Rice
3 C – Chicken Stock/Broth
2 T – Notorious P.I.G. - Pulled Pork Rub
2 T – Cooking Oil
8 Oz – Chicken Breast
8 Oz – Shrimp
4 C – Jambalaya Base
1 to 2 C – Chicken Stock/Broth
- Green Onions for Garnish
- Slice the sausage into coins and then sear off in a stock pot over medium high heat.
- While cooking the sausage, chop the vegetables into a large dice.
- Once the sausage is well brown and some of the fat is rendered, add the vegetables to the pan and cook until softened.
- Add rice and stir until all the rice is slightly cooed and translucent.
- Add 3 cups of stock and Notorious P.I.G. and lower the heat to low.
- Simmer until the liquid is absorbed. This is now the jambalaya base.
- The make the final plate, heat a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add 2 TB of oil to a large skillet and place over medium/high heat.
- Dice chicken and add to the pan to sear off. Once seared, add shrimp and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Add Jambalaya base and 1 cup chicken stock and stir well to combine. Cook on medium heat until all the liquid isabsorbed, and rice is tender.
- Plate and garnish with chopped green onion.