Easy Chicken Jambalaya Recipe
Whether you're checking out a shrimp, chicken, sausage jambalaya recipe or all of those at the same time, this cajun dish is certainly a favorite throughout the country, and even the world.
After all, chicken jambalaya is one of those dishes that you goes straight to the heart. It's the perfect dish for a family dinner, a summer picnic and a cosy rainy day all at the same time.
And for meal preppers out there, we crafted this easy jambalaya recipe with only 15 minute prep time and super simple cooking instructions.
Ready for the best chicken jambalaya recipe? Let's get started!
Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya
A Southern Louisiana favorite made with our Notorious P.I.G. Pulled Pork Rub is necessary Mardi Gra dish! Need we say more?
12 Oz–Andouille Sausage
- 1 – Onion
- 1 – Red Pepper
- 1 – Green Pepper
- 3 Stalk – Celery
2 ½ C – Rice
3 C – Chicken Stock/Broth
2 T – Notorious P.I.G. - Pulled Pork Rub
2 T – Cooking Oil
8 Oz – Chicken Breast
8 Oz – Shrimp
4 C – Jambalaya Base
1 to 2 C – Chicken Stock/Broth
- Green Onions for Garnish
- Slice the sausage into coins and then sear off in a stock pot over medium high heat.
- While cooking the sausage, chop the vegetables into a large dice.
- Once the sausage is well brown and some of the fat is rendered, add the vegetables to the pan and cook until softened.
- Add rice and stir until all the rice is slightly cooed and translucent.
- Add 3 cups of stock and Notorious P.I.G. and lower the heat to low.
- Simmer until the liquid is absorbed. This is now the jambalaya base.
- The make the final plate, heat a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add 2 TB of oil to a large skillet and place over medium/high heat.
- Dice chicken and add to the pan to sear off. Once seared, add shrimp and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Add Jambalaya base and 1 cup chicken stock and stir well to combine. Cook on medium heat until all the liquid isabsorbed, and rice is tender.
- Plate and garnish with chopped green onion.