Hit the jackpot with our slow-smoked Carolina Gold pork shoulder. No need to slather in mustard, our Jackpot Honey Mustard Rub adds a superfine coating of sweet and tangy honey mustard that melts into the meat as it smokes. Shred and stack high on a pretzel bun with a tangy Carolina Gold BBQ sauce.
Jackpot Pulled Pork
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
|8 lbs.||Pork Shoulder, bone-in|
|Jackpot Honey Mustard Rub|
|1 quart||Water, divided|
|1 cup||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|12||Pretzel Buns, toasted|
|TT||Jackpot Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce|
- Preheat grill or smoker to 250 F.
- Score the fat cap of the pork shoulder in a cross-hatch pattern, then season the pork with Jackpot Rub. Transfer to the grill and smoke for 3 hours.
- Transfer the pork shoulder to a large, deep cast iron skillet, or aluminum pan, add 3 cups of water, then loosely cover with foil. Set an aluminum pan, or foil cup of vinegar plus 1 cup of water next to the pork shoulder. Increase the temperature to 300 F, and cook for an additional 3 hours.
- Remove pork from the grill, rest for 20 minutes, then shred.
- Serve pulled pork on a toasted pretzel bun with Jackpot BBQ sauce, alongside your favorite coleslaw.