As they say in Texas, the higher the tri-tip sandwich the closer to BBQ heaven. We rubbed this tender tri-tip in our beefy Rodeo Rub, smoked it up, and stacked it high on a thick slice of Texas Toast. Top it all off with a rich BBQ sauce and you got yourself a real Texas treat.
Smoked Tri Tip Sandwich on Texas Toast
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|Rodeo Brisket Rub|
|4||Texas Toast Slices|
|1/4 cup||Bourbon Barrel BBQ Sauce|
- Place the tri tip on a sheet tray and season with TX Rodeo. Allow to sit out at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to 225 F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it to low, indirect heat.
- Place the tri tip on the grill, over indirect heat. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes, or until temperature reaches 125 F, for medium-rare. Remove the tri tip from the grill and rest for 10 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 450 F. Sear the tri tip 2 minutes per side, over open flames. Remove from grill, rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes, then slice thin, against the grain.
- Assemble sandwich: layer Texas toast, tri tip, Bourbon Barrel, Texas toast. Serve warm.