Italian Stuffed Sausage Boat
Pizza made fun! Italian stuffed sausage make dinner fun and delicious! Put on all of your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- 1 Package – Italian Sausage links
1 C – Pizza Sauce
- 1 – Yellow Onion
- 1 – Green Pepper
- 3 oz – Mini Pepperoni
1 C – Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
2 t – Good Fella
- Brat Buns
- Preheat grill medium, indirect heat.
- Make a cut, about ½ deep into the sausages, lengthwise.
- Press down and out on the sausage to create a boat shape.
- Julienne the onion and dice the green pepper.
- Spread 1 TB of Pizza sauce into each of the sausage boats and then line them with the mini pepperonis.
- Top with onion and pepper.
- Place the sausage boats on the grill and cook until the internal temperature of the sausage reaches 155 degrees.
- Top each boat with a pinch of mozzarella cheese and grill for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the grill and place each boat on a toasted brat bun. Top with an extra drizzle of pizza sauce and a few cracks of Good Fella.