Italian Sausage Stuffed Baguette
Italian Stuffed Baguette
Indulge in a taste of Italy with our mouthwatering Italian Sausage Baguette. This savory masterpiece features sizzling, King Shallot seasoned sausage nestled in a freshly baked baguette, topped with melty cheese and a burst of vibrant flavors.
- 2 – 12” Baguette
- 1 pkg – Italian Sausage
- 1 ½ Stick – Butter, unsalted
¼ C – Parsley, chopped
3 T – King Shallot
- 6 oz – Smoked Gouda
1 t – Crushed Red Pepper
- Preheat grill or smoker to 300 degrees, set up for indirect heat.
- Cut the baguette in ½ like you would for a sandwich. Pull out the soft inner part of the bread.
- Soften the butter and then mix in the chopped parsley and King shallot.
- Spread the butter into the hollowed-out baguette.
- Slice the cheese, about ¼” thick and place into the baguette.
- Remove the casing from the sausages and then stuff the meat into the baguette.
- Sprinkle lightly with crushed red pepper and then head out to the grill.
- Place the baguettes, meat side down over indirect heat.
- Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes until the sausage reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees and the bread is lightly toasted.
- Rest 10 minutes before cutting and serving.