When it comes to finger foods, it doesn’t get much better than these Honey Mustard Chicken Stuffed Pretzel Bites. Homemade pretzel dough is filled with tangy honey mustard chicken, melty cheese and zesty jalapenos. Bake until golden brown and pillowy and serve in a generous dunk of our Jackpot Carolina Gold Sauce.
Honey Mustard Chicken Pretzel Bites
Prep time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|2 1/4 tsp||Yeast|
|1 cup||Warm Water|
|3 T||Heavy Cream|
|3 T||Butter, melted|
|3 cups||All-purpose Flour|
|8 oz||Mild Brick Cheese|
|TT||Jackpot Carolina BBQ Sauce|
|1/2 cup||Baking Soda|
|2 T||Butter, melted|
|TT||Coarse Sea Salt|
- Warm water to 105-100 degrees and in a stand mixer with dough hook attachment add water, yeast, and brown sugar. Stir and let proof for 5 mins until it starts to foam.
- Melt butter and add to milk, once combined add to yeast mixture and stir on low
- Next add salt and flour mixture about a cup at time until dough comes together
- Dust countertop with flour and knead dough ball. If dough gets to sticky add 1T flour.
- In an oiled bowl place dough ball and cover with plastic wrap and proof in the oven (85 degrees) for 1 hour or until ball doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a baking sheet.
- Chop chicken into small bite sized chunks and cook on stove top adding PS Jackpot sauce and cook until complete
- Chop cheese into ½ inch cubes and slice jalapenos, set aside
- In large pot bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
- When dough is ready place on counter and knead until air bubbles are removed.
- Make dough balls, each weighing 50 g on scale. When dough is measured out and water is boiling add slowly 1/2C baking soda and go slow to avoid a soda/water explosion!
- Working quickly, make dough into flat rounds and layer 1 piece of cheese, 1 piece of chicken and 1 jalapeno slice and a little Jackpot sauce.
- Pinch the seams together well and between hands roll into a ball. Be gentle to the stuffing doesn’t break through.
- Put dough balls into water 1 at a time for 1 minute and flip dough bite to opposite side for 1 more minute.
- With a slotted spoon drain each bite and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all bites are done.
- Put in over for 12-15 minutes, rotating the pan half way through baking. Once bites are browned they are ready and will feel a bit bouncy.
- Remove from oven and brush with butter and salt to taste. Let cool briefly and serve warm with a side of Jackpot dipping sauce.