An accordion-style side that'll have everyone singing for more. These Hasselback Butternut Squash are sliced and filled with butter and our savory Farm House veggie blend. Top with nutty parmesan, pine nuts and fresh herbs for an extra layer of flavor.
Hasselback Butternut Squash
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|1/4 cup||Butter, melted|
|TT||Farm House Veggie Blend|
|2 T||Parmesan grated|
|1 1/2 T||Parsley, chopped|
|1 T||Pine Nuts|
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place squash on a cutting board, then cut off the ends of the squash. Use a vegetable peeler to peel the tough outer skin as well as the thin whitish layer beneath it. Cut in half, lengthwise, then use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Use a vegetable peeler to peel the tough outer skin as well as the thin whitish layer beneath it.
- Place squash halves in between 2 wooden spoons, peeled side up, then cut ¼ - inch slices into the squash, stopping at the spoons to prevent from cutting all the way through.
- Season the butter with Farm House, then brush in between the squash slices. Place on a parchment-lined sheet tray then roast for 15 to 18 minutes, until the squash begins to separate. Remove from the oven and brush with more melted butter, rotate, and continue to roast for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the parmesan, parsley, chives, and pine nuts. Season with Farm House.
- Remove the roasted squash from the oven, and top with the herb mixture. Return to the oven and roast for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.