Fresh hand-cut fries dusted with our Buried Treasure Truffle Butter seasoning. The trick to making homemade fries is to fry them twice: once at a lower temp to blanch the pototo, and once at a higher temp to get them crispy and golden. Serve them with our creamy Black Truffle Herb Aioli, and a burger or steak.
Hand-Cut Truffle Fries
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|Buried Treasure Truffle Butter|
|Vegetable Oil, for frying|
|Black Truffle Herb Aioli|
- Scrub and dry the potatoes, then transfer to a cutting board, and slice the potatoes into long, thin strips (¼” x ¼” x 5”).
Place cut potatoes into a bowl of cold water, while cutting the remaining 3.
- Add oil to a deep cast iron skillet, or a small fryer. Heat oil to 275° F.
- Remove potatoes from the water, then pat dry. Working in batches, blanch the potatoes for 5 minutes, then drain and transfer to a sheet tray.
- Increase the oil temperature to 350° F, then fry the potatoes again, in batches, until golden and crisp.
- Remove fries from the oil, then season immediately with Buried Treasure. Serve hot with Buried Treasure Herb Sauce for dipping.