This sausage, mushroom, tomato and black olive pizza is just a little more work than calling for delivery (but not by much) thanks to our easy Homemade Pizza Kit. The kit includes dough and sauce that makes a savory, crispy crust that's perfect for delivering your favorite toppings. Top with our Good Fella Italian Herb blend and everyone will be mobbing you for seconds.
Good Fella Sausage & Mushroom Pizza
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1||PS Homemade Pizza Kit|
|1/4 cup||Olive Oil, divided|
|1 cup||Warm Milk, divided|
|8 oz||Fresh Mozzarella, sliced thinly|
|1 oz.||Fresh Basil|
|1/2 lb.||Italian Pork Sausage, browned|
Sliced Portobello Mushrooms
Sliced Black Olives (optional)
Small Red Onion, thinly sliced (optional)
Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven or grill to 400 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine one pouch of dough mix with ½ cup of warm milk and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until a soft dough forms. Additional milk can be added if dough seems dry.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times, then shape dough into a ball. Cover with an inverted bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- While dough is resting make Pizza sauce: Combine one pouch of sauce mix with 1/2 cup of water. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Spread pizza dough evenly on a metal pizza pan or cookie sheet. Use your hands or a rolling pin to spread dough evenly to the edge of the pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes, then remove crust and let cool slightly.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on each par-baked pizza dough, within ½ inch of the edge. Top with browned Italian sausage, cherry tomatoes, onions, olives, mushrooms, and thinly sliced mozzarella. Season with Good Fella.
- Return pizza to the oven or grill and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, rotating half way through.
- Garnish pizza with fresh basil, slice and serve warm.