No Thanksgiving spread is complete without pumpkin pie, and this one is sure to impress. We laced the homemade pie crust and filling with our sweet Apple Pie BBQ Rub. Top it with crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds to complete the pie.
Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Pie
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
|1 1/4 cups||Flour|
|1 1/2 T||Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice|
|1/4 lb. (1 stick)||Butter, cubed, cold|
|1/4 cup||Ice Water|
|15 oz.||Pumpkin Puree|
|3/4 cup||Sugar, granulated|
|1 T||Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice|
|1 cup||Evaporated Milk|
|1/2 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
Fresh Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- To a food processor bowl, add the flour and Apple Pie Rub. Process to incorporate seasoning, then with it still running, add in the cold butter, a couple cubes at a time. Drizzle in ice water, until mixture comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, then roll out to a ¼ inch thickness. Place in a pie plate, then crimp the edges together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sugar, Apple Pie Rub, cinnamon, flour, eggs, evaporated milk, water, and vanilla extract. Pour into the unbaked pie shell, then transfer to the oven.
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes at 425 F, then rotate and decrease the temperature to 350 F, and continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center has set.
- Remove the pumpkin pie from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Garnish with roasted Apple Pie pumpkin seeds, and serve with fresh whipped cream.