Step aside beer can chicken, bigger is always better. This beer can turkey breast is loaded with sweet and savory honey ale flavor. Carve it up for a laid-back Thanksgiving spread, or dice and toss into our Beer Can Turkey Chili.
Beer Can Turkey Breast
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 50 minutes
|1||Whole Turkey Breast, bone-in|
|1/3 cup||Cock-A-Doodle Brew Rub|
|12 oz.||Can of Beer|
|1||Yellow Onion, sliced|
|2 cups||Chicken or Turkey Stock|
- Place the turkey on a sheet tray and blot dry with paper towel. Season inside and out with Cock-A-Doodle Brew.
- Open the can of beer, pouring 2 ounces in the bottom of a large cast iron skillet, then set the seasoned turkey on top of the can in the skillet. Add sliced onion, turkey stock, bay leaf, and fresh rosemary, sage and thyme sprigs.
- Preheat the grill to 400 F.
- Transfer the turkey to the grill and roast for 75 to 90 minutes, rotating every 25 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Remove turkey from the grill and transfer to a carving board. Let rest 20 minutes before carving and serving warm with beer braised onions and pan jus.