Chorizo Smash Burgers
Chorizo Smash Burger
Smash or pass? You have to try these Chorizo smash burgers! Top it with your favorite toppings!
- 1 LB – Chorizo, ground
- 2 – Avocado
½ C – Tomato, diced
¼ C – Red Onion, diced
2 T – Cilantro, chopped
- 1 – Lime Juiced
2 T – Elote Loco Street Corn Blend
½ C – Cotija Cheese, shredded
- 2 oz – Cotija Cheese, sliced.
1 T – Elote Loco Street Corn Blend
- 4 – Eggs
- 4 – Burger Buns
2 t – Hot Sauce
- Favorite toppings
- Divide the chorizo into 2 oz meatballs and set aside.
- Make the guacamole by peeling and seeding the avocados into a bowl and then smashing them to your desired chunkiness. Add the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice and 2 TB of Elote loco. Stir until well combined. Season as needed.
Preheat flat top or cast iron skillet to 375 degrees, or medium-high heat.
Place the meatball down on a flat top or cast iron skillet. Then, using either a heavy-duty spatula or a can wrapped in foil, smash the meatball until they are about ¼” thick.
- Sear for 3 minutes then flip and sear other side for 3 minutes.
- Add sliced cheese to each burger patty then remove the burgers from the flat top and set aside.
Do not scrape the rendered fat. Crack the eggs onto the flat top and cook over easy by frying one side for 2 minutes, flipping and cooking an additional 30 seconds.
- Build the burgers by placing lettuce on the bottom followed by two burger patties, a healthy dollop of guacamole and a fried egg.
Mix the shredded cotija cheese and 1 TB of Elote Loco.
- Garnish the burgers with a sprinkle of Elote Cheese and a few shots of hot sauce.