Big Kahuna Pineapple Chicken Bowls
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
A meal served inside of a pineapple? Take a trip to Hawaii from the comfort of your home with this Big Kahuna Pineapple Chicken bowl! Filled with chicken, red pepper, onion, cilantro, rice, and topped with fresh avocado your taste buds will sure take a trip!
- 1 – Pineapple
- 1 LB – Chicken Thighs (boneless/skinless)
2 T – Big Kahuna - Pineapple Teriyaki Rub
2 TB– Sesame Oil
½ C – Red Pepper, diced
¼ C – Red Onion, diced
2 T – Cilantro, chopped
1 C – Rice
- ½ - Avocado
- Cook the rice according to direction on the package.
- Lay the on its side and cut it in half. Start at the bottom and work the knife toward the top.
- Score the meat of the pineapple with a knife and then use a spoon to scrape out the fruit. Discard any pieces of core.
- Roughly chop the chicken and then place it in a bowl where you will generously season it with Big Kahuna rub.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and then add the oil to the pan.
- Sear off the chicken first for 4-5 minutes. Then add the onion, red pepper and pineapple. Sauté all together until the chicken is fully cooked. Season with more Big Kahuna if desired.
Serve in the pineapple bowl with the rice in the bottom and then the chicken. Garnish with sliced avocado and chopped cilantro.