The best kinds of wings are sweet, sticky and include Bourbon. These Bourbon-Glazed Wings tick all the boxes with a homemade glaze made with butter, bourbon, maple syrup and On the Rocks Bourbon Pepper. Serve these with plenty of napkins.
Bourbon Glazed Chicken Wings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|2 1/2 lbs.||Chicken Wings, split|
|2 T||Red Onion, grated|
|1/3 cup||Maple Syrup|
|1/4 cup||Chicken Stock|
|2 T||Tomato Paste|
|2 1/2 tsp||On the Rocks Bourbon Pepper|
- Prepare the bourbon glaze: Melt butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Add the grated onion and sauté 2 minutes. Add the bourbon, maple syrup, chicken stock, tomato paste, rosemary sprig, and On The Rocks. Whisk to combine, then simmer for 5 minutes. Pour half of the mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven or grill to 325 F or medium heat.
- Toss chicken wings with bowl of glaze, then spread out on a greased, foil-lined sheet tray.
- Transfer the wings to the oven and bake for 35 minutes, flipping and rotating halfway.
- Bring the remaining glaze back to a simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce slightly thickens. Remove from heat.
- Remove the wings from the grill or oven and toss in reserved glaze. Serve warm.