Grab your grass skirt and fire up the grill, these Big Kahuna Burgers are loaded with big Hawaiian flavors. The patties are glazed in our sweet and tangy pineapple teriyaki sauce, then topped with a grilled pineapple salsa with jalapenos, ginger, mint and citrus.
Big Kahuna Burgers with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 lb.||Ground Pork|
|1/2 tsp||Granulated Garlic|
|1/2 tsp||Kosher Salt|
|1/2 tsp||Black Pepper, ground|
|1/2 T||Olive Oil|
|Big Kahuna Pineapple Teriyaki|
|1/4 cup||Red Onion, minced|
|1 T||Cilantro, chopped|
|1 T||Mint, chopped|
|1/2 tsp||Ginger, grated|
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, ground pork, scallions, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well by hand, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa: Grill pineapple over direct flame, 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill, cool, and chop fine.
Transfer to a mixing bowl with red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, mint, ginger, lemon and lime juices. Stir well to combine, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove the ground meat from the refrigerator and divide mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or grill over medium heat and add olive oil. Cook 3 patties at a time, 3 to 4 minutes per side, until lightly browned and internal temperature reaches 165 F. Brush Big Kahuna over each patty during the last minute of cooking.
- Assemble the Big Kahuna Burger: Cut roll in half, then layer romaine, burger, and salsa. Serve warm.