BBQ Bacon Rubbed Turkey
The talk of the table Thanksgiving day! Tipsy Tom is making his way to your front door for the big day! BBQ sauced turkey for the best dinner you'll ever have.
- Brine the turkey according to the instructions on the package.
- Once brine is done, rinse the turkey and then pat it dry with paper towel.
- On the breasts, gently peel the skin away from the meat, taking care not to rip the skin off.
- Once there is room under the skin, pour in the Whiskey Barrel BBQ sauce under the skin and rub it into the meat.
- Combine the Cock-A-Doodle Brew rub included in the brine kit together with the bacon fat to make a paste.
- Rub the entire bird down with the mixture.
- Stuff with vegetables if desired.
- Truss the bird and place it in a roasting pan. Allow to rest at room temperature while your grill or smoker heats up to 325 degrees.
- Roast the turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees near the joints.
- Rest 20 minutes before carving.