Apple Pie Pork Pinwheels
Apple Pie Pork Tenderloin
Apple pie is in the air and in the meat! This sweet treat is a must try for all, apples stuffed in pork tenderloin and topped with oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon!
- 2 – Pork Tenderloin
- 6 oz – Cream Cheese
3 T – Apple Pie Rub
- 2 – Apples
- 3 TB – Cooking oil
½ C – Flour
½ C – Oats
1/3 C – Brown Sugar
1 t – Cinnamon
6 T - Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim the pork tenderloin and then butterfly the whole loin, lengthwise. As you cut about 1/2” from the bottom, roll the meat away from the knife.
- Lay the two tenderloins next to each other, overlapping by 1”.
- Spread the cream cheese out evenly over the two loins.
- Peel and julienne the apples. Spread out over the pork. Season generously with Apple Pie rub.
- Starting at one end, roll the pork up. Once you have the pork rolled, tie with butcher’s twine every 2 ½”
- Cut into pinwheels by cutting in between each string.
- Make the crisp topping by combining the listed ingredients and then cutting them together with a pastry cutter or a fork. Once the butter is mixed and in small beads, it’s ready.
- Add the cooking oil to a large sauté pan and place over medium high heat.
- Sear the pinwheels on each side for 2 minutes and then place them on a lightly greased tray or cast-iron pan.
- Top the pinwheels with ½ cup of crisp topping and place in the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the crisp topping is lightly browned.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Share your photos with us using #psseasoning