Sweet & smoky, these melt-in-your-mouth hasselback sweet potatoes are the perfect fall and holiday side dish. The potatoes are sliced thinly then rubbed in butter and a coating of our sweet and butter Apple Pie Rub. As the potatoes smoke, they open up accordian-style, letting all the buttery goodness to seep into every layer.
Smoked Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
|1/4 cup||Butter, softened|
|2 T||Apple Pie Cinnamon Spice Rub|
|1||Apple, cut into wedges|
- Preheat the grill to 225° F.
- Wash and dry potatoes, then one by one place each potato on a cutting board between the handles of two wooden spoons. This will prevent the knife from going all the way through when slicing. Cut ¼ inch slices into all the potatoes, then coat the potatoes with softened butter. Season each with ½ tablespoon of Apple Pie Rub.
- Place the skillet on the grill and smoke potatoes for 1 hour.
- Increase the temperature to 300 F, and cook for 30 minutes, then add apples and cinnamon sticks and cook another 30 minutes, once the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Remove potatoes from the grill and serve warm.