Creamy, oozy brie gets an upgrade (yes, it's possible) when topped with diced apples, a cinnamon spice rub, and baked inside a crusty pizza dough crust. The perfect sweety and savory holiday app!
Apple Pie Baked Brie
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1||Pizza Kit Dough|
|2 T||Butter, melted|
|1 T||Apple Pie Rub, divided|
|1/2||Apple, peeled & finely diced|
|2||Dates, finely diced|
|1/4 tsp||Thyme Leaves, chopped|
|1/2 T||Honey, for serving,|
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Prepare pizza dough according to kit instructions.
- Divide pizza dough in half. Use 1 portion for the brie, reserving the other half for another use. Lightly flour a work surface, then roll out the dough into a 10-inch circle. Brush the dough with the melted butter, then sprinkle ½ teaspoon of Apple Pie Rub over the top.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the apples, dates, thyme leaves, and 1 ½ teaspoons of Apple Pie Rub. Place the apple mixture in the middle of the rolled dough, leaving 2 inches on either side. Set the brie on top of the apple mixture, brush all over with butter, then sprinkle ½ teaspoon of Apple pie rub over the brie. Bring up the pizza dough around the brie. Crimp edges together, then invert into a parchment lined baking pan.
- Brush the outside of the brie with melted butter, then season with ½ teaspoon of Apple Pie Rub. Cut slits in the top of the dough to vent.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with honey, and serve warm with crackers.