Cinnamon, spice, and everything nice! Apple Butter will be the new hit of every fall family gathering. Serve it with a sweet treat or meat treat!
- 8 LB – Apples (Granny smith, gala, McIntosh)
1 C– Brown Sugar
1 C – Sugar
4 T – Apple Pie Rub
2 t – Cinnamon
2 t - Vanilla
- Peel, core and dice the apples and place them in an instant pot. (No seeds)
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir gently to combine.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set it to pressure cook on high for 90 minutes.
- Allow a 20 minute natural release and then you can quick release the rest.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the apples, or puree in batches in a blender.
- Set the instant pot to slow cook, and with the lid off, cook for 2 hours to reduce to a thick sauce.
- Remove the apple butter from the instant pot and place in jars. Place in the fridge to cool completely before enjoying