Brewpub Pretzel Bread with Spicy Beer Mustard Dipping Sauce
- PS Seasoning Chef
|¾ Cup||Mustard Seed, Whole|
|1½ Cup||Dark Beer (Of Your Choosing. For example Guinness)|
|½ Cup||Dark Brown Sugar|
|2 tsp.||Allspice, Ground|
|¾ tsp.||Turmeric Root, Ground|
|1 Can||Pillsbury Refrigerated Classic Pizza Crust|
|1 Tbsp.||Baking Soda|
|½ Tbsp.||Garlic & Herb Seasoning (Salt-Free)|
Instructions (Mustard Sauce must be made 2 days in advance. Steps 1 through 3):1) In medium bowl combine mustard seeds with vinegar and 1 Cup of beer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2) The next day: In medium saucepan, combine the remaining ½ Cup of beer, honey, brown sugar, salt, allspice and turmeric: bring to a boil then remove from heat.
3) Transfer ingredients from step 2 into a blender and let cool. Add the mustard seeds and liquid you let sit overnight to the blender and puree. Transfer mustard sauce to a glass jar; cover and refrigerate overnight before serving. (This mustard sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 months).
4) After you have completed the steps for the mustard sauce and it is ready for serving - heat oven to 375°F and spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
5) Unroll dough; re-roll into a long rope, stretching carefully (about 55” long).
6) To make pretzel shape, form dough into a U shape. Twist the ends together twice and press down dough where it overlaps in an X. Pick ends up and fold over so they rest over the bottom part of the U shape you started with; press to stick. Place on cooling rack over waxed paper.
7) In small microwavable bowl, heat ½ Cup water on high 30 seconds or until hot. Then add baking soda and stir to dissolve. Brush this mixture on pretzel and let stand 5 minutes.
8) Brush pretzel with the beaten egg and sprinkle with Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
9) Transfer to cookie sheet and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Products Used In This Recipe:
Brewpub Pretzel Bread with Spicy Beer Mustard Dipping Sauce Description of your recipe. Serves 1-4 Ingredients: ¾ Cup Whole Mustard Seed, 1½ Cup Vinegar, 1½ Cup Dark Beer, ½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar, 2 tsp. Ground Allspice, ¾ tsp. Ground Turmeric, 1 Tbsp. Baking Soda, 1 Can Pillsbury Refrigerated Classic Pizza Crust,½ Cup Water,1 Egg, Beaten, ½ Tbsp. Savor Garlic & herb Seasoning. Instructions:
- Tags: Appetizer/Snack