Potato Sausage is a type of sausage that originated from Sweden. A simple recipe that was created with onion, spices, potatoes, beef and pork. Mild and humble.
- Begin with potatoes (and even bacon), blend with pork and beef
- 1.78 Lb. B Unit for 25 lbs. of meat
View 1 lb. Conversion Chart
Non-Fat Dry Milk, Salt, Onion Powder, Spices.
FRESH POTATO SAUSAGE
You will need:
- 7.5 lbs. Raw Peeled Potatoes or 2# of Potato Flour
- 2.5 lbs. Distilled Water
- 5 lbs. Pork Butts
- 12.5 lbs. Boneless Beef
- 1 B Unit package of No. 585 Potato Sausage Seasoning
- 5 lbs. Raw Onions (Optional)
Suggested Procedure: Grind the meat, potatoes and onions through a 3/8” plate, regrind through a 3/8” plate. Add all other ingredients with the water and mix 4-6 minutes until meat is tacky. Stuff product into a 32-35mm hog casing. This sausage is a very perishable product. It keeps best when frozen. This sausage may be served fried, baked, or boiled. When kept in a refrigerator, sausage should be placed in a container and covered with water.
*Note: Our Potato Sausage Seasoning has the onion mixed into the seasoning. For more onion flavor you may add more onion.