The classic bologna seasoning features a mild blend of nutmeg and white pepper, with a subtle sweetness that compliments pork butt, lean beef, and wild game. This blend has similar spices and flavor to our No. 211 without MSG. We recommend using this in ring bologna and fried up with potatoes for a hearty dinner.
- Blend with ground beef, pork, venison, chicken or turkey
- Make into ring bologna or cold cuts
- .73 Lb. B Unit for 25 lbs. of meat
- Comes complete with our Maple Cure
- No MSG
One pound conversion:
- Seasoning per pound: 1 Tablespoon + 1½ teaspoons
- Cure per pound: 1¾ Teaspoon
Casings we recommend:
Dextrose, Salt, Spices, Torula Yeast, Less Than 1% Soybean Oil (Prevents Caking).
(For 12-1/2# Batches Divide Following By 1/2)
You will need:
- 13# of 90% Lean Beef Trims or Wild Game
- 12# of 85% Lean Pork Trims
- 2 to 3 Cups Distilled Water
- 1-1/2 cups of Binder Flour (Optional) *Keeps Product Moist
Suggested Procedure: Grind all trims through 3/16" plate twice. Add cure with water and mix into meat. Add seasonings and binder flour (Optional: Keeps moisture in the meat) into meat and mix for 4-6 minutes until meat is tacky. Stuff into 40-43 beef rounds or 8 x 24 Fibrous Casings, or a 40mm or 43mm Collagen Round.
Smoking Procedure: Preheat smoker to 120 degrees F. Hang product on smoke sticks with no parts touching. Insert temperature probe into center of one ring or center of bologna. Run with damper wide open for 1 hour. Place 3/4 pan sawdudst moistened on burner. Increase smoker temperature to 170 degrees F and smoke for 3 hours (Damper 1/4 open). Increase smoker temperature to 185 degrees F for big bologna 8 x 24. Heat until product reaches an internal temperature of 156 degrees F. Shower product reduce temperature to 100-110 degrees F or cool in cold water bath. Dry at room temperature and place in cooler.