|1 Package||Fireman's Chili Soup Mix|
|2 Lbs.||Ground Beef (Or Any Ground Meat You Prefer)|
|1 Can (14.5 oz.)||Petite Diced Tomatoes, Drained|
|1 Can (15 oz.)||Chili or Red Beans, Drained|
Corn Bread Topping:
|1 Package (10 oz.)||Corn Bread Mix|
|2 Tbsp||Sugar (or Honey)|
|½ Tbsp||Vegetable Oil|
|½ Cup||Beer (Your Preference)|
|½ Cup + 2 Tbsp, Divided||Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese|
|6 Strips||Bacon, Cooked & Chopped|
*You will also need 4 - 9 oz. Ramekins for cooking
1) Brown ground meat in a large skillet seasoned with salt and pepper; drain and transfer to a large saucepan.
2) Add the contents of soup mix, water, beans and tomatoes to saucepan. Cook on medium-high until chili comes to a boil, then reduce heat to a low/medium heat. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
3) Keep on low heat until ready to use.
For Cornbread Topping:
1) In a medium mixing bowl combine corn bread mix, sugar (or honey), egg, oil, buttermilk and beer; mix until thoroughly blended.
2) Add cheddar cheese; blend well. Then add in the chopped or crumbled bacon pieces: mix thoroughly once more. Set aside.
Making The Pot Pies:
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) Place a piece of foil on a baking sheet. Spray each of the ramekins with nonstick spray and place them on the foil-lined baking sheet.
3) Remove chili from heat. Carefully spoon about 1 Cup of the chili into each of the ramekins. *Ensure that each of the cups has an even amount of chili. Leave about 1" to 1 1/2" space on top for the cornbread mixture. Reserve any left over chili for later use. You can also freeze it for longer storage.
4) Spoon about a 1/2 Cup of the cornbread mixture over the chili. Do not fill all the way to the rim. Leave about 1/4" of space from the top of each cup or mix may spill over.
5) Scoop 1/2 Tbsp of the shredded cheddar cheese using a measuring spoon and place it neatly in the center of the cornbread mixture; place ramekins in the oven.
6) Cook chili pot pies for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cornbread is heated through. Let cool about 8 minutes and serve. Top with additional shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream (if desired).