Our sweet and mild Red Rooster Red Chili sauce is the perfect glaze for your roasted duck.
Sweet Chili Glazed Duck
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
1/2 cup + 1 T
|Red Rooster Sweet Red Chili|
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove and discard the neck from the duck, rinse out the cavity under cold water, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Halve the duck:Place duck breast-side down on a cutting board. Using kitchen/poultry shears, cut down both sides of the backbone. Remove and discard the backbone, or save for stock. Flip the duck over and cut through the center of the breastbone to separate it into 2 pieces. Finally, bend the wing tip, then cut through the joint.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium-low heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Season duck halves with salt and pepper, then transfer to the hot skillet, skin-side down. Sear, occasionally pressing on the duck with a flat spatula (for even browning), until the skin is light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- When the duck halves are ready, transfer them to a large roasting pan skin-side up.
- Brush each duck halve with 1 ½ tablespoons of Red Rooster and roast for 15 minutes. Brush with another 1 ½ tablespoons of Red Rooster and continue to roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 160 F, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Brush the ducks with the remaining sauce. Turn the oven to broil and broil for 3 to 5 minutes to caramelize the sauce.
- Remove duck from the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before serving warm.