Impress your loved ones by whipping up these easy and elegant seared scallops. Served over a bed of sauteed greens and drizzled with a homemade black garlic and chardonnay cream sauce, your friends and family will ask when you graduated from culinary school.
Seared Scallops with Black Garlic Cream Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
U10 Diver Scallops, muscle removed
|Salt & Pepper|
|1/2 T||Olive Oil|
|1 T||Butter, unsalted|
|1 tsp||King Shallot Black Garlic Blend|
|1/4 cup||Heavy Cream|
|1 cup||Fresh Spinach|
|1/2 cup||Fresh Kale, chopped|
|1 tsp||Olive oil|
|To Taste||King Shallot Black Garlic Blend|
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and butter to skillet. When butter begins to brown, lay scallops in pan. Sauté 2 to minutes per side, using a spoon to continually baste the scallops with butter throughout the cooking process. Scallops are done when golden chestnut in color.
- Transfer scallops to plate, then add chardonnay to skillet to deglaze. Add King Shallot and heavy cream. Allow sauce to reduce 2 to 3 minutes, whisking frequently, until sauce lightly coats the back of a spoon.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and kale to skillet and saute until greens have wilted. Season with King Shallot.
- To plate, make 3 small beds of spinach and kale, then place 2 scallops on each. Spoon sauce over scallops. Serve hot and dive in!