These epic dinosaur-sized Smoked Beef Plate ribs are real showstoppers. Cut from the lower portion of the rib cage, beef plate ribs have a nice layer of fat-laced meat on top that renders down during smoking for a real melt-in-your-mouth experience. We coated these bad boys in our smoky Texas-style Rodeo Rub, specifically made to enhance those big beefy flavors.
Rodeo Beef Plate Ribs
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
|Beef Plate Rib Rack|
|3/4 cup||Texas Rodeo Rub|
|1 cup||Apple Cider Vinegar|
- Preheat grill or smoker to 250° F.
- Remove the top portion of the fat cap from the rib rack. Season rib rack with TX Rodeo.
- Transfer ribs to the grill and smoke for 3 hours. Add additional TX Rodeo Rub as needed.
- Place a quart mixture of apple cider vinegar and water in a grill-safe pan then place on the grill beside the rib rack. Increase temperature to 275° F. Continue to cook ribs an additional 2 to 3 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 204° F, and a metal skewer goes through like butter.
- Remove the rib rack from the grill, place on a cutting board, and tent with foil. Allow ribs to rest for 30 minutes, then slice and serve warm.